6644 What does it mean?

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

6644 What does it mean?

Post by colby sorrells »

June 6, 1944 D-Day. Don't ever forget. Thank you all veterans. I know there's some here that remember. CS
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Re: 6644 What does it mean?

Post by Wayne B. »

I echo Colby's thanks to all the veterans! It would be a different world for us without your efforts and sacrifices.
stidog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stidog »

Yes, thank you, you paved the way for me to have a less turbulent 20 years of semi-peace whilst I served. And a shout out to my Uncle Don (93 and living in Santa Barbara) for watching from the ships so they could move their artillery ashore. When they asked Patton where to put the guns, he said up their a$$ he needed more tanks :P
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

There's very few of them left today. Thank you D-Day veterans and all veterans. Without you we all wouldn't be here in the free-est country in the world.

6-6-44 Never forget.

Colby
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Their number is now only a fraction of the 16 million that served during World War II. They hit the beach at Omaha and Utah knowing most would not make it through the day. They truly made the greatest sacrifice and gave us all a better world.

Once again I pay tribute to the gallant men that fought in D-Day. For some it was the Longest Day and for many it was the last day.

Many just wanted to fish, just like you and me. But they willingly made the ultimate sacrifice and today, we get to fish and collect old reels that they could only dream about.

To all of the remaining World War II Veterans, and all veterans, I give you a heart felt THANK YOU. I hope there is fish where you are now.

Colby Sorrells June 6, 2019, 75 years after D-Day 6644
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I wish our government felt the same way as we do concerning the handful of those brave and selfless D-Day veterans still alive. It's pitiful that these men had to rely on private donations in order to be present in France for the 75th anniversary. Should have been flown there on Air Force One. Pitiful!
Mark
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I totally agree, Mark! Imagine the blow back, though, if something like that happened. :(
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Skip
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Skip »

We live in freedom, peace and prosperity thanks to the sacrifices made by the Greatest Generation.

The debt we owe them can never be repaid.
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Although we live in troubled times please remember those brave service men of June 6, 1944. They gave us all a wonderful gift. Thank you. Colby
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Thanks for the reminder, Colby. I was raised around a father and uncles who fought in WWII. My mother’s brother died at Normandy, and my father earned a Purple Heart while wounded in combat in the Battle of the Bulge. His brother, my Uncle Bill, flew 48 combat missions and 33 sorties and earned the Distinguished Flying Cross as an Air Force pilot (see link below I post not to brag but to recognize and honor his service). Two other uncles saw hand-to-hand combat as infantrymen.

https://airandspace.si.edu/support/wall ... y-usaf-ret

They were always so nonchalant discussing their service. They were just doing their duty. Truly the Greatest Generation. I miss them and what they stood for...

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

I liked this tweet from former NFL quarterback and WVU grad, Marc Bulger:

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990