Ahh, the Keys

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Reeltyme

Ahh, the Keys

Post by Reeltyme »

Headed to Key West on Tuesday for 7-10 days, ( retired and don’t care about time ), anybody need anything while I’m there? I’ll be watching for reels of course! The wife will be shopping at Kino Sandles and I won’t. I hope I will be able to find an open bar that serves a nice single malt to go along with a good cigar!
Last edited by Reeltyme on Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Re: Ahh, the Keys

Post by Wayne B. »

There is a flea market on the south end of Key Largo or Marathon that is open year round I think. Right side of the road going south. There is a guy there that always has stuff. I have made arrangements with him a couple times to bring out some good old stuff on my return from Key West. Sorry, can’t be more specific.

Enjoy Key West. Put the car keys away...you won’t need them as long as you are staying close to Old Town, or near to intersection of Duvall and Front.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

You'll be in Butch Carey country. :cool
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Thanks for the heads up Wayne on the flea market. I will keep my eyes open for it. My wife is a born and raised “Conch” so we have been there many times. Just going down for some R&R. As for Butch, you never know, just might run into him! Maybe he has a few goodies that I just can’t live without!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Reeltyme wrote:Headed to Ket West on Tuesday for 7-10 days, ( retired and don’t care about time ), anybody need anything while I’m there? I’ll be watching for reels of course! The wife will be shopping at Kino Sandles and I won’t. I hope I will be able to find an open bar that serves a nice single malt to go along with a good cigar!
32 years ago when my wife and I were first married, we flew to Miami in the middle of a Pittsburgh winter, rented a convertible and drove down A-1A thru the keys to Key West. I had never seen water like that then or since. Three decades of vacations later, still my favorite. Enjoy.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

So Wayne....did that "good old stuff" you can't expand upon involve bails fished from the sea?? :D

hope the weather missed you down there! Looks like points to the East are going to get a deluge!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

John...my lack of specifics referred to directions to the flea market, not the stuff I got from this guy. Never anything too special, but some keepers.

We were in Long Boat Key (Sarasota) last week. We avoided the predicted rains there, but Virginia Beach was drenched (7+ inches in 3 days) while we were gone. Timing is everything, I guess!
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Need some help. Butch Carey emailed me through ORCA and said to give him a call when I got into KW. Problem is I don’t have his number and don’t remember his user name. I know you can not give out his number, but how about his user name so I can email him and let him know I’m here?
Thanks,
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Butch carey key west
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

ORCA Member contact info is contained in the March Reel News. How to get the Reel News
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006