Help identifying these lures

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Reeltyme

Help identifying these lures

Post by Reeltyme »

Guys and Gals,
I know this is a reel site, but a neighbor gave me these 2 lures. As they are quite large, I thought they would be a nice addition to my reels as an add-on decoration. The thing is, I would like to know what they are named/called and if they have any value. If they are worth more than $30 each, I feel obligated to return them to my neighbor as he is selling off all of his fishing equipment. I just wouldn’t feel right in taking them and I’m not in love with them enough to buy them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Help identifying these lures

Post by john elder »

Well, the style is that of a Bayou Boogie, but they are normally 2" long...not sure about these Big Boys!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Whopper Stopper Salty Boogie. Worth about the amount you mentioned. Not more. Common. Colby
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Thanks so much gents. I feel better knowing I didn’t take my neighbor for to much. He’s a great guy. Anyway, these Whopper Stopper Salty Boogie thingies will add “ambiance” to my reels! Wow, don’t I feel special!