Virus

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
dbummee
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Virus

Post by dbummee »

I have just got to respond to the shortage of wash cloths statement. Unless people cut my fingers off,
and we run out of soap and water, there's still a way.

Tom DuRose
Harry Verdurchi
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Harry Verdurchi »

?
Last edited by Harry Verdurchi on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Neel »

Same way here in NC. Ammo is flying off the shelves. People are buying firearms. I have heard that they sold more than the Sandy Hook time line. They were taking a survey and claimed 60-70ish % of the people were new firearm owners. That's scary. :? You guys be safe....
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I have been practicing all my life for Social Distancing. My wife does not fare so well. I have been doing more work on my collection(s) and doing some research and writing.

I am also reading the Ernest Hemingway fishing books. Just finished the Old Man and the Sea. I get all these on Kindle, this one was free from the library online. Online resources, including this one, can help us in this crisis.

The online John Hopkins virus dashboard is saved in my browser and is pretty scary if you understand compound interest and other geometric increases https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

We are all in this together, and think it will be longer than we would like. It is tough worrying about our family and friends. Stay safe everyone.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Heard a Dr. on TV say to get through the boredom of self isolation we should finish things we start and thus have more calm in our lives. So I looked through the house to find all the things i've started but hadn't finished...so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner p_$$. An telum u luvum xx

Edit: The original word in "inner peace (pee)" was blocked. :)
Last edited by Midway Tommy D on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I love it!!!!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I heard from a UK member on the bamboo forum that fishing in the UK has been banned due to the virus. Pretty drastic stuff! Not clear on their reasoning, though.
Mark
Stef Duma
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Stef Duma »

Its classed as non essential.

Stay at home, work from home only go out if you can not work from home.
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

I got classified as an essential worker, my commute is much easier right now. Roads look like you're driving through a ghost town.
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Neel »

Yea, roads here in NC look a lot less crowded. I have been going to work this whole time. I did read where a Dr. might have found a way to block the virus for a short period of time. It has been sent to the US army. Hopefully if all goes well ....it will be available in September. Keeping you guys in my prayers!