TAKE THIS SNOW and SHOVE IT!!

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

TAKE THIS SNOW and SHOVE IT!!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:( :o :shock: :? :x :roll: :!: :idea: :type: :bow: :bricks: usa, just a bit of a rundown on the weather, FLASH! 33 inches of soft white fluffy snow in the driveway, the back and front yard and 5ft drifts! My Siberian Husky is in her glory ! NUTS, have 23 inches on the streets and our equipment cannot keep up! No newspaper , no mail, however we have electric, water and heat! Now the problem will be , 1, if it melts to fast is a FLOOD! I am glad for the generator and 15 gals of gas to run it and 2 very big sump pumps! At least the reels are water proof however now I am moving all the manuals , diagrams, photo Copier, and all eletric power eqipment to higher elevation ! Told ryan to make certain the boat will start, at least its got heat in it! At least its a powder snow not a wet snow! Pass the Life jackets when it thaws, I havent seen a storm like this in over 25 years! Now you lucky folks thats high and dry? I am glad for you, John ELDER, Can I send you some white stuff? Well the (RAT HOLE) IS DRY at THIS TIME and the gas bill and electric bill is paid and I got gas to run the Generator if needed! Now I am going to pass OUT THE LIFE JACKETS HA HA , yOUR ohio CONECTION near a froze over LAKE ERIE COL. MILTON LORENS AKA SWIM JIG
spinyeel
Frequent Board Poster

Post by spinyeel »

38 degrees celsius down here today,just choosing what shorts to wear. :lol: :lol:
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Stay dry, Milt. Down here in Cincinnati, we got our second snow day in a row. Fun fun fun. Freezing rain left two inches of ice on everything, including power lines. Tens of thousands without power, roads clogged, etc. Kids are in their glory.

Hope to start digging out from under it tomorrow. Stay warm and dry, and get some rubbermaid watertight bins for those manuals!

--Dr. Todd
ABUBO
Advanced Board Poster

Shove it over here, Milt! :-)

Post by ABUBO »

Being we're at about the same altitude (I think?) it's a bit odd. We've had the warmest December and ditto January in the history of making records of such which is more than a 100 years - that goes for both highest temp and highest average temp. It's 39 degrees now and it should have been freezing instead. Get your snowy butt over here - we need the snow! :lol: 8)

I'll have to congrat you on your choice of dog... see that's a dog! Not like some inbreed Golden Retriever that just lay down on it's back when you raise your voice to it - oh no! My kid bro had 4 more Husky's (one Alaskan Husky is still left) untill a year or so ago untill they got out by acident and came to "like" smaller dogs too much(!), so he had to have them put down! What a sad day it was as they would never ever harm any people what so ever... :-(

Yours,
Bo

PS: They say that Global Warming due to man is here to stay ... I hope not!
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Milt - It's only been in the mid forties here rather than the mid fifties where it should be. And Friday night we get all the way down to 19 degrees. Now you see why I moved to the sunny south. Where is that sun anyway?
Don
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

thanks for the MENTAL SUPORT!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) 8) :wink: :!: :?: :idea: cool-thumb :type: jump usa Thanks guys for the moral suport! heck I have offered this Hungarian everthing I can aford , a new home of her Likeing , and all new apliances etc, still she is more bull headed than a 2 headed alligator, Darn I would like to Be back In good old TENN,T*bass*ewell where its nice and warm! Well I will fix her this summer as she hates HOT weather I am a gona gits that thar witch board out and make it so HOT in Amherst it will pop the corn, the crows will fly over and think its snow and frezze to death! I have thought about the (D) word,however my fishing buddy is a devorice Lawyer said she may well end up with my reels, rods lures and wallet! HMMMNNN! whats a person to do except put in another heater in the RAT HOLE and suffer, only 4 more months untill the SUN SHINES AGAIN! Will you southern boys please send me some warm Missippi Valley jet stream air? PLEASE? Your Frozen Ohio conection In TUNDRAVILE Near Lake ERIE WHICH is frozzen solid and the snow is falling again Col. Milton lorens aka SWIM JIG
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

he meant shovel it.

No. 3 of this year's Darwin Awards:

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car
during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a
woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Post by Dale Noll »

Milt

Trade 9 months of winter for 9 months of summer! Come to Tennessee.
You won't miss the cold. From the snowbelt in Upstate NY to the sunbelt here was just the ticket for me. ( I did see a few flurries a couple days ago. I hurried to get my camera, but was too late to get a photo.) Darn.

Dale
ReelNickels
Frequent Board Poster

Tuffing it out in the Florida Keys

Post by ReelNickels »

High temp in the low 80s yesterday. Light WNW breeze. I got in a couple hours of grouper fishing after work. When I got home, it was 79 in the house and I had to start the A/C. I feel for you guys up in the frozen North.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Headlines: Category IV hurricane heading directly for Key West-Entire city evacuates! Tornados hit New Orleans! Leaking C of E dam in KY threatens Nashville if it fails! Brush fires wipe out CA homes! Lava flows eat up Hawaii houses! Mt Ranier lahar could wipe out entire WA community if it heats up enough! Tsunamis threaten all Pacific and Indian Ocean countries! Thousands flee Bangladesh monsoon flooding! Earthquake kills thousands in Iran! Nowhere is safe anymore! Bad Bob
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

SAFE ?!?

Post by Jack Bright »

Come to Dowagiac this Spring, a tranquil town EXCEPT when the ORCANs
invade, then every reel for itself.
jonny mack
Frequent Board Poster

florida report

Post by jonny mack »

getting cold in south florida in upper 30's tonight what global warming ?fishing report two days on lake walk on the water in lake wales 101 bass in 1.5 days incredible bite before front with my buddy great pre spawn no ice rels needed yet.