Bad Bob's "Wednesday's Waste of Time Thought"

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Bad Bob's "Wednesday's Waste of Time Thought"

Post by RAM »

Two types of people with superior intellect:

Those who do not have to Google everything to understand it.

Those who save valuable time by Googling everything they do not understand.

Bad Bob (no claim to either type or any other type)
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Hello down there Bob:

Barney Google was around for umpteen years before the internet came to life.

Truly a man ahead of his time.

OK, I'll just sit here quietly and vegetate.

Jim
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Jim-It is my understanding that Barney's grandson, Frugal Google, started the web site, with the explicit understanding that he was not in any way responsible for the seemingly infinite number of errors, lies, misleading words, misquotations, fractured phrases, or other confusing elements appearing there.

My favorite example: The "Square Root Solver" of Math.Com which gives the incorrect answer for every number inserted (any incomplete answer is an incorrect one). That site is touted as a "student guide". Have they no shame?

Let me know when the spring steelhead run starts and I'll come out and vegetate with you!
Bad Bob
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Good morning Robert:

Actually I was thinking of the song ABOUT Barney Google. And I think that Frugal writes for our local newspaper...and likely for a lot of other newspapers as well! We need a magnifying glass to find the important stuff, and then a translator to figure out just what was written.

And you're more than welcome to come out here and chase after the steelhead. I however am a fair weather fisherman, and prefer the milder climate in the late summer and fall. So I'll cheer you on from the comfort of my living room!

Jim