Bad Bob's Geography Question for Monday

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Bad Bob's Geography Question for Monday

Post by RAM »

There is something that happens twice a year geographically that is common to every person on Earth no matter where they live. First specifically correct answer is officially labled a geographic whiz by Bad Bob. Anyone who Googles is a weasel. Bad Bob
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

lunar eclipse?
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Young Guy-Luner eclipse only visable in part of World. Try again. Bad Bob
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Summer and Winter solstice, although I tend to not notice them here.
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Don't feel bad brian I don't even think there is a summer here! :D
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Okay Brian, but what feature of the equinoxes is special to everyone in the word regardless of where they live? Bad Bob
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Can I phone a friend?
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Yo Brian-You can even phone the Greenwich England Observatory. You can even Google it. Won't call anyone a weasel if someone would get this right. It is really an interesting phenomenon, and not complicated in the least, but one everyone on Earth should be familiar with and all folks considering themselves cool thinkers (yours truly excluded) should know. My only advantage is an astronomy minor a hundred years ago. One of the few things remembered from the Dark Ages. Keep trying gang! Bad Bob
Jerry J in OK
Super Board Poster

Post by Jerry J in OK »

I'll bite and prove myself stupid...It occurs on the same date everywhere...Jerry
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

WHATS ALL THIS??

Post by SWIM JIG »

:? :shock: :( :roll: :idea: :?: :arrow: :loco: :doh: :bow: :type: usa , and whats this got to do with the price of Pfluger reels on a space shuttle? Now some of us wonder what is SPEED? Here is one for you! If you send a Pfluger reel into space when will it be back on earth? First one with a correct answere I will send them a rusty Pfluger! YOUNG GUY you ought to win this! Remeber we now have items that get back before they leave? and if a certain aircraft travels at 27000 mph in the same direction will it hit itself on the return? Now do your homework Your Ohio Conection on EARTH, Col. milton lorens aka SWIM JIG
Ed Clark
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ed Clark »

Does it have anything to do with gravitational pull and affect on weight?
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

the length of the day and the length of the night are equal.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

RonMc is closest! The full, correct answer is this: On March21 and Sept. 21 (approximately) every place on Earth those days has 12 hours of daylight and twelve hours of night. EVERY place. The sun rises due east and sets due west. (Intersect of the celestial equator and Earth's ecliptic). Everyone on Earth has someting interesting in common on these two days each year!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Just out of curiosity Bob - do you still collect reels?
:loco:
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Earth, Moon etc.,

Post by Jack Bright »

Touche` Geez.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

To the Geez and Jack B. (Come on guys! Which one of you is the REAL geezer? I do know this one of you fishes sitting down, the other fishes wading.)

I spend most of my time researching and writing on reels so you other guys busy out there outbidding me can have some facts to deal with. Beside, some of us are mulitaskers. Picked up two reels last week I didn't have for $22.50 including shipping. Bet neither of you could match that (last week at least).

Knowing something about the world of the outdoors other than fishing related stuff is nothing to be ashamed of now, is it? Expect more geographic challenges in the future guys! Just ignore them if disinterested. Maybe the "Other Stuff" forum should be more specific and have a sub-forum entitled "Esoteric Stuff That Only Five or so Guys Would Likely Bother Reading"

PS-Am I taking up valuable web site capacity with these posts? Thought the "Other Stuff" forum was not supposed to be about reels anyhow.

Bad Bob
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Multi-tasking

Post by Jack Bright »

BB--TWO reels make it multi-tasking ?
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Yo Jack-When you have as many versions of Pflueger reels as I have, finding two reels is a coup. Two in one week is amazing. Had found only one in the past year before this.
As to multitasking, you don't want to know the facts-mostly has to do with dealing with troubles. But since I said last week, "never trust someone who says trust me", I won't say it. Besides, never burden someone with your problems if they can't solve them for you! Ciao!

PS-We both know who it is that fishes sitting down don't we?

Bad Bob
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Keep it up~

Post by Teal »

Bad Bob,

I must say that I enjoy your non-tackle ramblings. Keep 'em up. And no one knows better than I do how much you've been working on your upcoming books...

Trust me when I say Bad Bob makes the rest of us look like slackers.

And two new Pflueger reels in one week for Bad Bob would be like Phil finding two Meisselbachs he didn't know existed...pretty unusual to say the least.

Keep up the commentary!

Dr. Todd
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

It has been a good week for reels! I picked up a Pflueger supereme, the old version in really good shape and a four brothers egalite! Must have been a funny moon phase or something!