Name this law contest!

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Name this law contest!

Post by RAM »

What law is it that allows loose inserts in magazines to stay in them from the publisher to the local PO distribution center where it is sorted then conveyored to a truck, off-loaded at the airport, conveyored to the plane then flown to a central distribution center, resorted there, conveyored to another plane or truck, then on to the destination city, conveyord off-plane or truck, driven to the local PO, resorted, picked up there by the local carrier who again resorts for his route and then puts it in your mail box. The instant you pick the mag up to read it all of the loose inserts fall onto the floor!
There must be a law. It needs a name. Contest winner gets all my magazine inserts for a year (some tell you how to make millions in the market!). Bad Bob
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

INSERTS

Post by Jack Bright »

BB--I`ll save you much frustration and worry, I`ll save all mine and send `em to you FREE !
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

this is a negative contest
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

"Negative Contest"-Like: First prize is a week at Disney World! Second prize is two weeks at Disney World. (To papaphrase the late great W.C. Fields-I think- who said this of Philadelphia. Or was it H.L. Menckin?)

PS-No names yet? There must be a law. Physics (or metaphysics) somehow involved. Surely other people have experienced this phenomenon.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I propose:

Bad Bob's First Law of Spamodynamics

After all, this is the Original Antique Spam, initiated by our forefathers back in the '60s
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

nope, got to be the Second Law, becuase it increases entropy.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Bad Bob's revised 1st Law of Thermodynamics:

Heat always flows from the Victoria's Secret Catalog to the male viewer.

Bad Bob

PS-"Spamodynamics"- Not bad Deak.
RonMc-But you do have to exert the energy to bend over and pick the ___ things off the floor RonMc. Plus the fact that there is such a high degree of certainty that they will fall out when you pick up the magazine it would negate entropy, wouldn't it?
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

the falling out part is a certain increase in entropy - by definition.
g,h. block
Advanced Board Poster

Post by g,h. block »

Bob
in the intrest of keeping the drivel dispensary open here is some help with those magazine inserts,that old poker rule may be applied,---know when to hold-em and know when to fold-em----- maybe the time has come for the publishers to start putting three sided zippers on all magazines which contain inserts.Here is a hot stock tip,--- zipper company, :roll: :lol:

Gene b.