A little rain, a little snow

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

A little rain, a little snow

Post by Brian F. »

What crazy weather! Is everyone in ORCA National 2006 land doing ok? Please let us know.
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Weather here in Michigan

Post by Jack Bright »

Today almost balmy, about 50 looking better in coming week IF you can
believe the so called "Meteoroligists" I call `em hacks. Don`t tell me you and the other islanders have had snow !
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Add wind, sleet......

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Yeah, it's been an interesting 24 hours here in Upstate NY. Right now, we're getting hammered with heavy rains that will flood both the Hudson and Mohawk rivers, and wind gusts to 50 mph. Yesterday was a constant mix of snow, sleet, rain, snow, more rain, sleet again...you get the picture. I had to clear off the boat cover five times yesterday to keep it all from collapsing under the weight of the snow. Ah, the great Northeast! Under normal circumstances I wouldn't care about a big storm like this, but I had planned on going fishing this week - HA! I just got my boat out of storage and was ready to hit the lakes to try out the new NY state "catch and release" season on bass - and now this.
But, ya know what they say..."Oh Well"
I guess it's a good time to hit the NYS museum for some reel research. At least it's dry in the archive room!
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Talk about an interesting week...one day i was wearing shorts than 3 days later we had just over 40 inches of snow on the ground again! :D

Starting to thaw out again as it is in the 40's now again...
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

We had mixed rain and snow in Nashville yesterday with 30 mph winds. Not a "Nor'easter" but not Southern Springtime weather either. Today is nice though. Fishing will be back soon! But-latest recorded snow in Nashville was May 15, 1894. I suspect that was the year Krakatoa erupted so it doesn't really count as the entire Northern Hemisphere was cold for a year. May be wrong eruption, but right phenom I suspect. Thaw out Yanks, and tight lines!
Bad Bob
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

PS-Wasn't Krakatoa. No one cares, but I'm still going to find the answer to the May 1894 Nashville snow riddle. Maybe Al Gore knows. Must surely have been caused by global warming somehow. Bad Bob