Bad Bob's "Advice to Joggers"

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Bad Bob's "Advice to Joggers"

Post by RAM »

After watching 30,000 people run in the Music City Marathon last weekend (including my daughter and son-law) my advice to them: The only logical reasons for running are:

1) You are chasing something.

2) Something is chasing you.

In either case, run fast or be last!

Bad Bob
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Bob,

The lovely Mrs. Larson just finished the half-marathon part of the Flying Pig Marathon here on Sunday, something like 23,000 runners, so I know what you're talking about.

That reminded me of my favorite anecdote from Willow Creek about snakes (and I'm paraphrasing):

There are only three kinds of snakes I'm afraid of: snakes I can see, snakes I can't see, and sticks that look like snakes.

--Dr. Todd
http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

a bit better!!!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:( :? :P :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :type: :mrgreen: :x usa There are only two kinds I dont have use for , care for or need, thats live ones and dead ones and my trusty 45 pistol takes care of all of them! You people that like them can have my share! I got bit once by a copper head NEVER AGAIN! Col. Milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG of Ohio
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

A copperhead? OUCH! That must have been ONE PAINFUL BITE!

Only seen a few water mocs in my life, didn't bother them and they didn't bother me. But I understand why people don't like them, even if they are vital for vermin control.

--Dr. Todd
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

I'm bad about snakes. Tarantulas. I pick them up first and ask questions later. I'm afraid my 7-y-o daughter is going to be the same way.

Although a rattlesnake coming off the bay is scary - what possesses a snake to swim 15 miles across the bay? Anyway, they want on you, on your boat, on anything and you look just fine.

My wife ran the Austin Motorola Maraton a few years ago - in fact she didn't start training until 2 months before and ran 12 miles her first time out. She's one of those perfect form and mitochondria people.
Last year, she said, "I'll think I'll run the marathon,...naaaah"