2011 ORCA convention Day 3

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

2011 ORCA convention Day 3

Post by Richard Lodge »

More fun and lots of activities today on Day 3 of ORCA 2011 in Waupaca, Wisc.
Here's some photos from the antique reel casting competition, with Jim Madden warming up:

Len Sawisch, left, shows off his oddball (sorry, Len, but it IS an oddball) reel/rod combo Dolphin. Len couldn't find a category for using this one in the casting competition:

Outgoing ORCA President Jim Schottenham won the Stu Lawson Ugly Reel Toss, and gets the honor of keeping the unique Ugly Reel Toss trophy for a year. No word on whether this will be kept in a closet or hidden in Jim's basement, but kudos to Jim for great technique in the competition:

New ORCA President John Elder gave a talk and slide show on reel restorations today and Len Sawisch gave on called "What Willy did to Walt's Stuff," about Walter Marhoff and William Shakespeare:

Stay tuned. The annual dinner starts in a few minutes, but first, off to the cash bah!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Thanks again for the great photos, Richard. Looks like everyone's having a great time over there. I looked at Robin's feet in the last shot and thought Elder was giving his talk down the road here in Waikiki :D I think I would have been very comfortable up there. Carry on!
Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Rick H »

Great pics Richard, Thank You! All I've seen is smiles...BIG smiles!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Lots more hear re tackle than just Meeks and Vom Hofes! A bit of something for everyone:

Had a great dinner and awards ceremony. Richard will be along with more later, but here are some faces for the veterans to spot: