ORCA meet great as always.Thanks to hosts Heather & Robin

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Dan Basore
Frequent Board Poster

ORCA meet great as always.Thanks to hosts Heather & Robin

Post by Dan Basore »

The Pres. John and board and all who worked hard to put on a great show. Chris and I had a ball at the show and in the area.

Keeping traditions like the casting contest is not only fun but a tribute to the reel makers of yore and the people who through competition continued to provide better products for we who fish.

Dan
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Dan, I noted you still have some of those old black hair jigs doing their magic. I remember you had a card full of them at that pond in E. Lansing back in 2002 and did a number with them then.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Dan: "Roger" is Robin and Heather's pool boy :D ...thanks for all your work as well, Robin! Ochestrating all the free boats for the fishing tournament was quite a feat!
Dan Basore
Frequent Board Poster

Absolutely Robin too!!! Missed you Phil...

Post by Dan Basore »

First post in quite a while as reminded in our breakfast meeting. Thought I had mentioned Robin. That couple knocked themselves out being so hospitable.

Yes Phil the jig worked for 3 quick bass near the end but the number one lure was the Johnson Spoon. Fortunate that John Elder declined my offer of one as I took a northern on the first cast on it. In my tournament days would never have shared the hot lure. Guess I'm mellowing... getting soft.

When John finally took one and tied it on right at the end he lost then caught a nice northern. That bait started at 40 N. Wells Street in Chicago in the 1920s and is still being made and catching fish. Went through the weeds real good with that tight wiggle.

I still have that old card with a half dozen jigs left for future events.

Missed you Phil as I hope to fish with you again. Your smallmouth fishing on the Snake sound fantastic.
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Glad you could make it Dan. Better watch out I'm practicing the casting, I'm coming for your title next year!

Robin
Gary Peck
Big ORCA Fan

ORCA in Wisconsin

Post by Gary Peck »

Congratulations to Heather, Robin and the many others who helped make the Show a success. There was something for everyone with a partial list including seminars, displays, casting, reels upon reels and room trading. Tops had to be the opportunity to meet so many fine,enthusiastic collectors who without exception were willing to help with any questions raised.

Hopefully next year we can at least double the contingent from Canada.