2013 ORCA Frankfort Nationals Dates! Sept. 5 -7

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

2013 ORCA Frankfort Nationals Dates! Sept. 5 -7

Post by Brian F. »

The biggest ORCA Nationals ever is coming to Frankfort, Kentucky -- KENTUCKY REELS COME HOME -- on September 5, 6, and 7 and they are taking hotel reservations. $88 a night for king or two doubles. Nice clean rooms. Call the Capital Plaza Hotel at 502.227.5100 and book yours before they fill up! Just got mine a few minutes ago...

Only FIFTY table on the show floor -- limit ONE table per person -- email Roger Schulz ASAP to reserve your table.

Do it sooner rather than later!

-- Dr. Todd

The print is a little small in the flyer below so:

Convention hotel is the Capitol Plaza Hotel on the Kentucky River in downtown Frankfort, KY. Call (502) 227 - 5100 for reservations

ryno
Frequent Board Poster

Re: 2013 ORCA National: Frankfort, Kentucky

Post by ryno »

Any idea on the exact days? My wife needs to put in her request,s for next year,thanks ,can't wait to meet you guys!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: 2013 ORCA Frankfort Nationals Dates! Sept. 5 -7

Post by Brian F. »

Copied from Dr. Toldd's post:

We have finalized the dates of the ORCA Nationals in Frankfort, Kentucky -- Thursday, September 5th, Friday, September 6th, and Saturday, September 7th!

The theme of this year's show is KENTUCKY REELS COME HOME and due to the concerted work of ORCA members Betty Barr and Don Kleier, natives of Frankfort and dedicated Kentucky reel collectors, we will have the first reunion of the Milam family collection! This will include many, many never before seen in public reels, catalogs, original shingle, etc.

If you only have one or two, or two dozen, Kentucky reels, we encourage you to make certain you can be at this gathering! We will have a display room with 24-hour security just to make absolutely certain these precious treasures will get the protection they deserve.

More exciting news. We are working out the details to have a commemorative book documenting the reels brought in to this show from collectors so we will have a record of the amazing gathering of Kentucky reels!

The Capital City Museum is working with us, as are the Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Outdoor Writer's Association, and local businesses. We hope the KY History Center will be on board as well.

This will be a VERY popular show and you will want to book early -- I strongly suggest if you want a table to contact Roger about registration as soon as information becomes available in the coming weeks. Double bed rooms will be $88 and suites $179 per night.

I believe this will be the greatest gathering of these historic reels in history. It will be an ORCA nationals to remember...don't miss it!

-- Dr. Todd
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

A couple or three questions.
Where will we be staying?
Where will the fishing contest be?
Will boats be available?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Patience...coming...
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Hoosier Dave »

Patience is getting thin, if I have to waite until I get my next magazine it may be to late. At least let us know the hotel and their number so we can book our rooms.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Updates are being made as they become available. Please check the original post for dates and hotel.
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Hoosier Dave »

Thank you Brian, I have my room reserved. This will be my first ORCA National and hopefully not my last.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Dr. Todd added some info. See original posting above.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

The convention registration form has been put up and available for you to view or download at the 2013 convention page