2010 Convention

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
reelyfun
Big ORCA Fan

2010 Convention

Post by reelyfun »

I will have to say, only having been to two conventions...both times have been really great!

I say this mainly because I wonder how many people don't go to these shows because they are leary of them or if they may not fit in or whatever reason.

I am here to say that if you have any sort of conviction like that DON'T. My father and I don't know half of what these guys know and what we collect doesn't compare to most of the guys but you wouldn't know it.

The people we have dealt with have been great, and not only are these guys there to trade reels and add to their collection they put on a great show with the fishing competion and the casting competition that anyone can compete in and feel good about it!

I applaud the board of ORCA for their actions...Everyone I'm sure has a complaint about something but again as far as the way the guys put on the convention from the aspect of having a good time and making it enjoyable once you're there, they do a good job!

So if you have the means to go next year do so!
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

I have been going to NFLCC Shows for more than 25 years and have been to two ORCA Nationals. I have never been to a show that I did not enjoy. As many have posted here before, a problem with the the ORCA National is the time of year, which interferes with many who are in business and many folks who have yearly fishing trips that they take at this time of the year. If we would try a fall National, we might be surprised at the attendance.
reelyfun
Big ORCA Fan

Post by reelyfun »

Bill,

I fully agree and I don't mean to offend anyone at all...we haven't gone for a couple years because of location...I'm sure timing, location, and cost are the three main reasons people don't go.

My point was just that the individuals that make up this organization seem to be really nice and interesting people and that makes going (when it's possible) a great reason to go!