Member Profile, Betty Barr, ORCA President

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

I collect 2 types of reels – pretty ones and pretty hard working ones. The pretty ones are all made in Frankfort KY by Meek, Milam and Gayle; the others are the ones I use, my fly reels. I am pictured here with my favorite, an Abel No. 2, given to me 20 years ago by the members of a study club who are also close friends. It is beat up and has seen a lot of fish. The other reels are made for big, little and saltwater fish ranging from a #1 wt to a #12 wt.

If I miss anything about Colorado it is fishing for cutthroat in tight conditions on tiny streams in Rocky Mountain National Park with my short 3 wt rod as well as fishing the properties leased by the Rocky Mountain Angling Club. The consolation for living in Frankfort trumps even that, our season tickets to Wildcat basketball. Yep, I am member of the Big Blue Nation! Kentucky may not have many trout streams, bass reign supreme here. Come spring you can find me on the Elkhorn Creek, a smallmouth bass stream extraordinaire just a few minutes from the house.