Garcia Trade Catalogs & Spin Fisherman

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Garcia Trade Catalogs & Spin Fisherman

Post by piscesman »

Hi, I need help on the above subjects. 1)-Does anyone out there know when Garcia's first trde catalog was printed?
2)- When was the last year or month "The Spin Fisherman" was printed?
3)- When was the first year "The Spin Fisherman" was printed?

Any help on these would be GREATLY appreciated!
Kim :Bawl: :Bawl: :bow: :bow:
tjolds
Big ORCA Fan

Mitchell Info

Post by tjolds »

I can't answer your question about trade catalogs but I was wondering if you know the value of Mitchell 50th Anniversary Spinning Rods. I have two that are new and never fished. They are number A66MS 6'6'', lure weight 1/8-3/4, line weight 6-14.
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Post by piscesman »

tjolds,
Mitchell made 2 versions of the 50th ann. reel. The most sought after is made in France by Mitchell Sports. Other version made in China. The France one came in a cardboard box with green on the outside with the usual extras. The one from China was packed in a clear plastic container. Condition and all original packing reflexs value. Information taken from "The Mitchell Collectors Book" by Dennis Roberts. To determine what yours may be worth check out ebay for current and completed auctions on the reel. Good Luck!
Kim :roll: :roll:
tjolds
Big ORCA Fan

Thanks

Post by tjolds »

Kim, Thanks for the info on the Mitchell 50th Anniversay rods. I have the China made rods in mint condition. I guess I need to get a copy of the Mitchell Collectors book. Are they still available?

I collect a variety of reels and lures. My main interests are kentucky style, tournament, early fly, some saltwater, Indiana, and UL spinning reels. I also collect lures primarily from Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina.

Terry Olds