Reel screws wanted

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Reel screws wanted

Post by Harvey »

I need at least six screws for either a "Fetherwate" or a "Castey" reel. Large head stainless. For either head or tail plate. If you have an old junker, I might even buy that .
Thanks, harvey
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Screws for Caskey

Post by Dale Noll »

Hi, If you make a search on Google using "machine screw stainless pan" the second hit on the first page lists "dave[at]fastener-express.com" Tel: 877-546-1148. Go into the site to locate the screws available. I have measured one of my screws from my Caskey, and believe it to be a coarse thread 6-32 x 3/8.
You want to be sure to select the stainless slotted pan head screw section.
The closest screw in the catalogue listing is 6-32x1/2 long. So you will need to shorten these to fit since the foot screws are only about 3/16 Long. The pillar screws can be at least 3/8 with no probem.

I noticed that there is a very fine black washer on the pillar screws so you may be on the look out for these very small washers.

I could not find whether the thread size was coarse or fine in the listing, but I would assume these would be coarse.

The listed price for a box of 100 is $3.25 .

You may also check with ibohunter as he used to sell stainless screws on the eBay site.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Why don't you just send me a sample screw and a postage stamp. I probably have newer stainless screws like what you need. I'll just send them to you. Can't beat that for a deal can you?
Don Champion
address in Reel News