abu cardinal 33 cdl concidered for sale.

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
lars-erik

abu cardinal 33 cdl concidered for sale.

Post by lars-erik »

Hello Reel Talk.

I have a Cardinal 33cdl in mint condition with original wood box.
I wonder if anyone knows the value of this reel. I am thinking about selling it. and what forum or site is best for selling it?

Happy for any answer.

LRS-eRIK / Sweden.
reels4me

Cardinal

Post by reels4me »

Erik--This is the site to sell, would help to show pics. all sides/detail
and of box you will be contacting reel collectors from all over the country
and Canada, Europe, etc., etc., give it a try. Jack
ABUBO
Advanced Board Poster

C33 CDL for sale (?)

Post by ABUBO »

Hi Lars-Erik,
I'm not sure I agree with reels4me (sorry Jack - no offence intended). Over the past year or so the Swedish onlime auction site "Tradera" has often had better prices on collectible fiahing items than eBay has had, because a lot of the ABU collectors (and other's) is looking in there due to many Swedish collectors selling their stuff on Tradera. Also, Tradera has more fishing items listed or at least just as many as on eBay, so I would look in there and search in "Ended Items" for the prices on previously sold C.33 CDL's ... and maybe then compare those prices to what can be found at ebay's "Ended items" (or under what name they call it when the items have been sold?). That is - if you haven't already sold it?
Anyway - Good luck L-E.
Regards, Bo (Denmark)
Lonnie Mills
Big ORCA Fan

I would take exception to Bo on the Traderia site.

Post by Lonnie Mills »

First off, if you can not read Swedish you will not know how to list or how to bid. I have spent hours, days even weeks utilizing translation programs and still lost. Maybe I am not as smart as most people(hehehe). I have tried but still unable to understand how to communicate on this site. Let me know if you break it and then you can help me, please! If in mint condition I would like to make an offer to you as I have all CDL's except this one that was thrown in as an extra to the set. Cheers.
ABUBO
Advanced Board Poster

Post by ABUBO »

Hi Lonnie,
It seems as if Lars-Erik isn't looking in here that often - if at all - since he hasn't replied yet. After all his msg is half a year old (from March), so he probably sold the reel already, and most likely haven't even seen our messages(?).
As for your comment on Tradera you're probably right. But L-E is Swedish, so he could figure out pretty easily how to sell it in there I think. That's why I mentioned this possibility for selling his reel - to get the most for it.
I don't know how to help you "learn Swedish" (he-he :wink: ) but what I could is to send you a note if I see a 33 CDL for sale in there - no problem. You just let me know. I'll even translate the description etc.
Regards, Bo

PS: My English is quite good I'm told, but I'm not sure I understand your comment in your subject line. Quote: "I would take exception to Bo on the Traderia site." End quote. Pls 'translate' to me - thanks!
Lonnie Mills
Big ORCA Fan

Kind response to Bo

Post by Lonnie Mills »

Bo,

Yes, I would appreciate a notice if you see the reel listed for sale. What I meant by "I would take exception to Bo on the Traderia site." is that I feel eBay gets the higher price of any other auction site simply because the "world" is tuned into eBay and most of that "world" can not read Swedish. That is just my opinion and hope you took no offense.

Cheers,
Lonnie M.
ABUBO
Advanced Board Poster

Looking out for a 33 CDL for Lonnie....

Post by ABUBO »

Lonnie,

Deal ... I'll send you a smoke signal if it pops-up.

Ok - I got'cha now, thanks. Of course not - no offence taken - nor ment.

In general eBay should get the best prices for the reasons you mention, but I'm sure it depends on what items we're talking about. No offence but many old Swedish reels were - not strangely - (only) sold in Sweden/Scandinavia. So - if looking for an old Swedish reel, the best place to look would be on Tradera. Elder Swedish people don't know much English (and many even in my age suck at it :shock: :lol: ). The avid collectors know that - hence the (high) prices.
Anyway - no need in puttin' up a fight about this ... we're probably both right .. right? :)

OH! This just came to me: One of my collector friends had a slightly used 33cdl half a year ago that he wanted me to valuate for selling. If you're interested I can ask him if he has still got it? It's not mint though and no box either as far as I remember.

Cheers,
Bo
Lonnie Mills
Big ORCA Fan

Bo, yYES I AGREE WITH YOU. A LOT OF

Post by Lonnie Mills »

THE REELS SUCH AS 8000, 8500, 9000, 20 AND 30 SHOW UP MORE OFTEN ON TRADERIA THAN ON EBAY. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL OF THE 8000 AND 9000 I WOULD HAVE BID ON IF I COULD. iF YOU EVER NEED ANY VINTAGE ABU PARTS, LET ME KNOW AS I HAVE A HUGE INVENTORY.
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

nice reel!!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) 8) :!: :?: :idea: cool-thumb USA (Lers-erik) according to Ben wrights book, the Wright Price Guide for the REEL Man 3rd edition, page 27, he list The Abu-Cardinal CDL Ultra -lite , black with gold trim year 1990 at $500.00 us money ,however he dosent mention the box! or paperwork etc! I am certain Ben will read this post and come forth with more imformation, trust this helps you to some degree! Your Ohio conection on Lake Erie Col. M. Lorens aka SWIM JIG