Wanted: Unmarked Side-mount reels like these:

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Wanted: Unmarked Side-mount reels like these:

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Always looking to add marked or unmarked reels like these to the collection:
Many thanks to Scott Price for the newest addition!
Jim S
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Jim, please be more specific. We can tell what color you're looking for, but do you want cup frames or not, round holes or petal-like, holes around the edge or not, etc? It's so hard to shop for someone else.

Does this qualify? Color looks right, it has holes, etc. You can always remove those extra doodads on top and in front if they louse up the feng shui.
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

No "Chi" with that contraption!

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Steve,
I'm not sure if any yin or yang could help that thing! Do all those gizmos really have a function? Is that one of the few Ricketts reels that made a short apperence at the Rochester ORCA nationals a few years ago?
Tell you what, since it is so hard to shop for others, just send me anything that's close, and I'll pick through 'em and send back the rejects. Let's start with the "Lord of the Rings" reel in your slide show! cool-thumb
Jim S
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Jim, it might surprise you, in light of your gizmotically challenged fly reels, that everything visible on the Ricketts has a function, even if it can't perform it very well, if at all.

Gotta congratulate you for remembering the reel. I can't even remember what it's like to have a memory. Of course, you probably used some mnemonic device in this case, cleverly associating the reel with a vitamin D deficiency.

Which 2 (or 3) of those reels will you trade for LoR? I can throw in the DVDs as a kicker.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

You guys are...

Post by Richard Lodge »

killing me with those reels! Those sidemounts of yours are incredible, Jim. Smuggle a couple to Texas so I can just see them up close. And Steve, that is one wild and wierd weel, er... reel. Quite intricate. Have you ever shown that off in The Reel News? It could make a great article, yes?
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Richard, check out the back cover of RN, Summer, 2000, and http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif. An article, too, shall come to pass, presumably from Phil.
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Richard: I have already planned my display for the Texas Convention, and it is about the wild and weird reel that Steve has pictured. You will get to see one in Texas in May. I planned to display the reel and Ricketts journal in Texas because I'm quite sure that very few that will be in attendance had also been to the Rochester Convention.

See it in person in Texas