Penn 12/0 cradle reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Penn 12/0 cradle reel

Post by Wayne B. »

A gentleman (Angus) from British Columbia (visits Bellingham often) contacted me via my website and has a Penn 12/0 Penn cradle reel that he wants to sell. It has been in his family for a long time, but he has no interest in keeping it. It has some serious flaws...the rod guide wraps all need to be replaced, the piece that tightens the rod to the handle is split and broken, and there is a crack in the cradle at the bottom screw that attaches the reel to the handle.

He is not a member of ORCA but wants to sell it to someone from ORCA. After visiting our website, he feels we will know the value and treat him fairly. He will send the rod/reel/cradle to an ORCA member for inspection before he expects to receive any payment. I am attaching some of the pictures that were sent to me. He has more.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me and I will provide his contact info and I will let you and Angus work with it from there.

Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Re: Penn 12/0 cradle reel

Post by Wayne B. »

I have already received several requests for Angus’s cradle reel contact info. I will forward info for another 24 hours to give everybody (right and left coasts) a day to see it. I’m going to be traveling starting Sunday and may not be responsive to any new requests for several days after that.

Merry Christmas to ALL!
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Post by fishhead »

I am interested in buying this Penn 12/0 cradle reel and live near John Elder who is a good friend of mine. If you send it to him that would be great. The value can be determined once the cradle reel is inspected by John or anybody else who is an expert on these and their value.

Thanks Paul Berinson
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Hi Paul:

I will forward you the seller’s contact info by PM. I am not selling it, just hooking the seller up with those interested. Please deal direct with him.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009