O. Kovalovsky's Collection of Reels FS

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

O. Kovalovsky's Collection of Reels FS

Post by Deepfins791 »

Here is a nice historic collection of reels for sale. This curio cabinet containing these 8 reels sat above Oscar Kovalovsky’s workbench in his Kernville shop. You can see the cabinet in pictures taken of his shop by Larry Lauve when him and Bob Douglas were working on their book about Oscar. The 8 reels are part of Oscar’s personal collection. I am selling the curio cabinet and all the reels as a set.

The reels include: Top shelf left to right - Meek #3, The Horton Manufacturing Company; B.F. Meek & Sons, Louisville, KY Bluegrass #3; Bluegrass Reel Made by B.F. Meek & Sons, Louisville, KY #3. Middle shelf left to right - Bronson Coxe Model 25-3; Bronson-Coxe Model 25-2; Winchester 4253. Bottom shelf left to right – Meisselbach Catucci Symploreel #370, Professional Jeweled #80.

The only reel that looks different from Larry’s photo is the Winchester on the 2nd shelf, far right. In the original photo, all three reels on the middle shelf look like Bronson-Coxe 25’s. At some point after the photo was taken, Oscar must have swapped one of them out for the Winchester.

All these reels are out of my wheelhouse. I don’t have a clue what they are worth, and would sooner not spend hours researching them. If somebody wants to own a neat piece of Kovalovsky history and makes me a fair offer for the lot, the set/cabinet is yours. This display would look nice sitting above anyone’s workbench!

Cheers,
John

Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Re: O. Kovalovsky's Collection of Reels FS

Post by Deepfins791 »

There does not seem to be any interest in the provenance of these reels, so I am offering the group of eight for sale without the curio cabinet, or will break up the set if you see something your really like. Please PM me if any interest.

John
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

The two Meek #3's are sold. The Meek Horton Mfg #3 and all the rest of the reels are still available.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

I am going to start individually posting these reels for sale w/pic's, so if there is something that interests you, keep an eye out. The Meisselbach has been sold.