Wanted - George Worthington Co. "A-50" reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Curt Conner
Big ORCA Fan

Wanted - George Worthington Co. "A-50" reel

Post by Curt Conner »

I'm looking for a George Worthington Company "A-50" reel in nice condition. Please let me know if you have one for sale. I'm also interested in a George Worthington "A-60" reel or reel can. Or, any other George Worthington reels or reel cans. Thanks, would love to hear what you have.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Wanted - George Worthington Co. "A-50" reel

Post by Mike N »

A little info on the company which sold the trade reels at its hardware stores. I believe some were made by Bronson.

https://case.edu/ech/articles/g/george-worthington-co
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Curt Conner
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Curt Conner »

Thank you ..... good read!
Donna Hinsdale
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Donna Hinsdale »

Thanks for your response. I have a Worthington A-60 reel in very good condition in a very good can and the box they came in. My husband past away 2 years ago and in going through his fishing equipment I found this reel. I had never seen it before, so I have no idea of the value. The reel looks as though it has never been used and the can is also "new" looking. I would like to sell it, but do not know the value and there is no one around here that seems to know anything about it. Would like to hear from you. My e-mail is lechefmaster1@embarqmail.com. Thanks for any help. Donna