Want To Buy - Older Heddon Reel for parts.....

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Want To Buy - Older Heddon Reel for parts.....

Post by Neel »

Looking for the C shaped parts that cover the spool ends on a Heddon 3-15 . I am not sure the correct part name. It's the parts that cover the spool shaft holes, for oiling. I know these are probably hard to find. But, I figure someone might have a set or know of someone who does. Thank you . Neel
Last edited by Neel on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Re: WTB Heddon 3-15 parts

Post by Neel »

Anyone know of someone who might have these parts or a old 3-15 reel for parts? I would be willing to pay top dollar.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Neel, you presumably just need the rotating clip that blocks or allows opening of the oiling port? I suspect this piece from any older Heddon reel will work.

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Neel »

Thanks, John. I will keep my eyes open.
Neel
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Want To Buy - Older Heddon Reel for parts.....

Post by Neel »

Anyone have any older Heddon reels for sale?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Neel, i have your rings you need. Email or pm me with your address and i’ll get them off to you. Its a bit scary getting them off and on as the metal won’t put up with multiple bends but you should be able to get these in place.
J
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reelman2 »

How do you get the oil port covers off without breaking them apart. I always break them trying to remove them in tact.
Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I stuck a needle in the crease where it is pinched together and spread apart enough to get off of the bearing cover. Even being gentle, they cracked a bit but i’m hoping they will be okay once in place and recrimped.otherwise, have to solder.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member