Shimano Catalogs Wanted

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Shimano Catalogs Wanted

Post by Reel Geezer »

I would like to purchase the following Shimano Reel Catalogs for research:

any pre-1979

Edit: I still need the above catalogs, if anyone can help

Thanks for your help. Copies will suffice, but I would rather purchase original catalogs.
Last edited by Reel Geezer on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stu Lawson
Frequent Board Poster

Shimano Catalogs

Post by Stu Lawson »

YO, GEEZER - I have 1979, 1995, 1996 and 1997 Shimano catalogs in my pile of duplicate catalogs - along with about 50 others from various companies. When's the Shimano book coming out? Shoot me an e-mail and let me know which you want - OR
Shozaburo Shimano
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Shozaburo Shimano »

What language do you need?
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

I am looking for US versions of the dates listed. However, I would be interested in any early Japanese catalogs. I have several queries out concerning what reels were made for the Japanese market in the 1970s and that sure would answer those questions. Since most reels seem to be tried on the Japanese market before being released in the US, I guess I might be interested in any Japanese catalogs. You can email me direct at

I will be out of town fishing for the next 36 hours so don't expect an immediate answer.
Nice Alias name - I realize that the name and photo are those of the founder of Shimano.