WTB: "S&W, Dayton, O." & "Dayton's Pr

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

WTB: "S&W, Dayton, O." & "Dayton's Pr

Post by Teal »

Hi y'all,

No luck on the "X.L." or "I.X.L." so I will move on down the line to the next research project. I am looking for anyone with reel(s) marked "S&W, Dayton, O." or "Dayton's Pride.," "Dayton Special" or even just plain "Dayton". They would be ordinary turn-of-the-century trade reels. Montague most likely.

ANy help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dr. Todd E.A. Larson
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Post by piscesman »

Hi,
I've been away from ORCA for a while. What are you looking for in the "IXL" line of things. Thanks.
Kim :?: :?: USA
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

IXL

Post by Teal »

Hi Kim,

Looking for an old trade reel--probably Montague or Hendyrx but could be a number of others--marked "I.X.L." The letters will probably be surrounded by a box. It is the trade name of a company I am doing research on, and I was told that reels marked like this exist but I haven't come across one yet. I have found a number of lures marked like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, reels or otherwise! You can Personal Message me or post here.

Cheers,

Dr. Todd E.A. Larson

P.S. Welcome back to ORCA!
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Post by piscesman »

Teal,
The only "IXL" that I've seen has been stamped on Chapman Lures. It was a play on words,so I'm told, that mean I Excell! Sorry I couldn't have been more help but you now have another set of eyes out there... Good Luck.
Kim :wink: :wink: cool-thumb