FS: Edward vom Hofe Commander Ross Model 722 size 12/0

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
hyperstryper
Big ORCA Fan

FS: Edward vom Hofe Commander Ross Model 722 size 12/0

Post by hyperstryper »

Up for grabs is my Edward Vom Hofe Commander Ross Reel Model 722 in a size 12/0 - Asking $3500 plus actual S/H cost.

One of the big boys, an Edward vom Hofe Commander Ross model 722 in a size 12/0, which is 6" in diameter, with a 3-7/8" wide spool. It is constructed of German silver and hard rubber and features a perforated star drag, "S" shaped serpentine handle with a ribbed hard rubber grasp and a sliding cap oil port on the handle nut. The foot is full length and clearly stamped with the size, model and serial number D196 (from 1937). Fitted with both the shoulder harness hardware and rod brace on two of the frame pillars. Sliding oil port covers feature the '02 patent date. This reel remains in original excellent condition with no cracks or chips in the hard rubber. Slight surface scratches will easily buff out with a clean/polish. Filled with correct period line. Block initials "APB" are professionally etched in the nickel silver rim band.

I have this listed elsewhere but figured I would list it here as well at a lower price for ORCA members.