The Brock's Saltwater Tackle and Zane Grey Memorabilia Collection FS

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

The Brock's Saltwater Tackle and Zane Grey Memorabilia Collection FS

Post by Deepfins791 »

Dear ORCA members,

Back in March, I caught wind that Dan and Kelly Brock might be ready to pass their Saltwater tackle and their Zane Grey memorabilia collection on to new collectors. I immediately jumped into my pickup and headed to Oregon for a visit.

The Brock's are long-time members of ORCA, and have been actively attending shows for many years. In the early 90's, due to a very serendipitous turn of events, they were able to meet the owner of the Zane Grey mansion, a lady by the name of Rosejane Rudicel. Rosejane had purchased the mansion in 1970, after it went into foreclosure.

Long story short, after I heard how they came to meet Rosejane, and how they acquired one of the finest collections of Zane Grey tackle and memorabilia to be found, I thought the story needed to be shared. So in a subsequent trip, I took my camcorder, and video taped an interview with Dan. Not only does he have a great story, but you will also see a lot (but not all!!) of the items Dan and Kelly are selling. To view, click on the following link: https://youtu.be/NzbsqM-rYbs

Note when you click on the link, and start the video, it doesn't start playing from the beginning. Not sure why it is doing this, but simply scroll back to the beginning and re-start.

Dan does not have a computer or a smartphone, so he asked me to post an announcement for him on the ORCA forum. He does business the old fashion way. He will give you an accurate description of an item over the phone, and if you come to terms, he will ship it to you. If you are not happy with the item, you have 3 days to return it for a full refund. His contact info can be found in the ORCA directory.

I would recommend you jump in your car and pay them a personal visit, though. Dan and his wife, Kelly are wonderful hosts, and they live in a beautiful part of Oregon with an abundance of fishing. You can’t help but have a great time visiting with them and seeing that part of the country. And you are almost certain to come home with a few goodies to add to your collection!

Below are a few pictures taken in the early 90’s of Dan, Kelly, and Rosejane in the mansion with some of the tackle they purchased. If you have any general questions, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
John

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: The Brock's Saltwater Tackle and Zane Grey Memorabilia Collection FS

Post by john elder »

I have watched this video and it is a must-see for anyone collecting saltwater tackle and Dan tells a tale that will interest all of you! It’s the ultimate “It’s still out there” story!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Very humbling video. A great collector, great to see this.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
TampaTarpon
Frequent Board Poster

Post by TampaTarpon »

Wow-

Fantastic video and phenomenal collection. Thanks for sharing, John.
Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dan Z »

Great video John. I was fortunate enough to stay with the Brocks about 7 years ago and some of my favorite Zane Grey items came from their collection. Amazing.

daniel z
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

WOW! What a treasure trove of ZG info. Watched the entire video and could have watched another hours worth. I would love to meet this gentleman and just listen to more of his stories. Thanks for posting this John!! Would have loved to seen his whole collection.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

To capture that oral history on video concerning Zane Grey’s tackle was brilliant. Thanks so much for posting the link.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
bhawk
Big ORCA Fan

Post by bhawk »

man this was an awesome thing to watch with morning coffee! ive heard the story directly from dan and it was bone chilling. great insight to get it on video for everyone to enjoy. one of the best finds ive ever heard about and the story keeps me looking every day. ITS STILL OUT THERE!
Tightlines666
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tightlines666 »

Amazing.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Dan asked me to post an update. He still has a lot of Zane Grey tackle left, including ZG's gaffs and harpoons, fishing kite, business cards/stationary, a Pflueger catalog artist's proof (only four printed and sent to ZG for his approval prior to publishing catalog), box of new Wilson Squid lures, Sobey hooks on cards, etc. Don't miss out on the opportunity to get a part of Dan's historic Zane Grey collection!

Cheers,
John