Wanted: vintage wooden holder for rods

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Wanted: vintage wooden holder for rods

Post by Mike N »

I have some bamboo bait casting rods I would like to display with period Meek reels. I’ve been checking eBay to no avail for an antique/vintage preferably cherry or mahogany 8-12 rod holder. If anyone has one for sale or knows of a craftsman who custom makes rod holders, please let me know.

Thanks

Mike N.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
roycestearns
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Wanted: vintage wooden holder for rods

Post by roycestearns »

Sorry, I wasn't aware this was in the for sale / wanted thread
Last edited by roycestearns on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I just purchased this last month from CS Carpentry on Amazon. I wanted something that held a lot of rods. Obviously its not portable. Its priced by the foot and available in multiple materials unfinished. Its good quality, but it may not be right for all purposes since you can't put boat rods into the small holes for example.

Red Oak Rod Rack, Wall Mount Fishing Pole Holder, Solid Wood, Custom Built, Made to Order, Any Size, Unfinished
by CSCarpentry
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R3TVQJC/re ... iEbX82HSDY
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Cuttyhunker
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Cuttyhunker »

I made a similar but woking grade for resales, not fine furniture as the above rack is. I'd contact the maker to design a rack to come off the wall and be put on wheels, basically 2 units back to back doubling capacity with vertical supports from the bottom horizontal to the top creating a portable free standing unit.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

kyreels wrote:I just purchased this last month from CS Carpentry on Amazon. I wanted something that held a lot of rods. Obviously its not portable. Its priced by the foot and available in multiple materials unfinished. Its good quality, but it may not be right for all purposes since you can't put boat rods into the small holes for example.

Red Oak Rod Rack, Wall Mount Fishing Pole Holder, Solid Wood, Custom Built, Made to Order, Any Size, Unfinished
by CSCarpentry
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R3TVQJC/re ... iEbX82HSDY

Very nice, Matt! Thanks.

Mike N.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990