Trade 1 OAK 9/10-0 All Aluminum A.J.STEAD for something interesting!

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Trade 1 OAK 9/10-0 All Aluminum A.J.STEAD for something interesting!

Post by Nick in NY »

I’d prefer a trade rather than a sale...BUT if I had to put a dollar amount I would not consider anything less than $5,000. My hand made A.J.Stead is (so far) the only known all aluminum version, I’m now offering for a something interesting trade in the way of big game or larger Holzman reel meaning with a 4” or larger side plates. I’ve had all the Hardy Fortuna reels including a narrow 9” with brake. Today wish I still had it... Would consider it for a partial trade on figure an 8 1/2” Zan Grey then I’d add cash...would consider a very good example of an Australian Atalanta regardless of size...would consider a mother of pearl side plate Holzman reel or even a #11 hard rubber Meek in unpolished condition....just putting it out there...food for thought during these days...Tight Lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Trade 1 OAK 9/10-0 All Aluminum A.J.STEAD for something interesting!

Post by Nick in NY »

I’m also in need of a 12-0 Zwarg, I’ll add $4,000 to complete the deal or a possible straight up trade for a 12-0 micarta Kovalovsky in at least very good* original condition. If I can send photos of my reel to someone to post I’d be deeply appreciated. Thanks Nick n NY

—PICS BELOW
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Thanks John...always a gentleman! I note the reel as either a size 9-0 or 10-0. The side plates measure about 5 5/16” with a spool width of about 3 3/8”...the overall width from front/back plate is about 4 13/16” ...it’s signed/stamped on the end of the counter weight on the handle (believe it’s nickel) and center oil access port. If any questions or additional photos please ask. Thanks Nick n NY