WTB Mitchell sleeves

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
arley
Advanced Board Poster

WTB Mitchell sleeves

Post by arley »

Hello all and happy holidays.
I want to buy the cardboard sleeves for Mitchell reel clamshell ( plastic ) boxes.
I need 2 - 300; 1 -408; 1 - 308
Name your price or maybe a reel trade- I have hundreds of spinning reels.
message or email through orca directories.

LMK
Arley
you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish.
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Re: WTB Mitchell sleeves

Post by piscesman »

If you can't locate them here then you may want to try The Mitchell Reel Museum website. A good group of people who are dedicated to Mitchell reels only there. I my self do not have any for sale right now. All are on the boxes you described. Good Luck!!!!!!!!
Kim :fished
I collect Mitchell reels & Garcia products. Always looking for more.....
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

dear piscesman mitchell museum site will not open other than menu page- nothing else. i use a mac.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I use a mac pro with Safari browser and the Mitchell site is working fine on most pages. Depending on the age of your Mac and the software you install you may be able to upgrade your Safari browser. On my old Mac (2102) I have also installed Chrome, because the Safari browser cannot be updated beyond the version supported by the OS and the hardware. But Chrome runs on anything, and it may be needed when you encounter any site issues on the older Safari versions.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

Thanks Matt
My software is up- to date.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

The Mitchell Museum website opens fine for me on a small glass iPhone, although the navigation isn’t obvious. I get a blank screen and a header. There is a tiny menu icon at top right and clicking that gets to a text menu. Word spacing is less than ideal but it is clickable and content does appear. Sometimes helps to switch screen orientation https://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

The Mitchell Museum site has been hit & miss for at least the last 3 or 4 years. It seems that most tabs work fairly regularly except the "Dating" tab, which hasn't been functional for a couple of years.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Thanks Matt
My software is up- to date.
I don't want to hijack this thread to discuss software and the Mitchell Website issues, but updating software is relative. I am using Safari Version 14.0.2 on a 2020 MacBook Pro running MacOS ver 11.01. But if you have an older Mac like I do also (2012 model) my "updated" Safari is Version 11.1.2. That is as high as it will update, because the hardware will not run the lates OS and software. That is one reason why I got a new MacBook this year. Fortunately, you can still install the lates Google Chrome on any Mac, which will enable you to access most any website properly with security. It will also enable you to use Google Meet, which is our ORCA preferred conferencing software and will be used for shows and meetings we organize. If you have Windows, you have the same issue. You need to be running Win 10 and Edge or Chrome for best results. There are also other browsers. Running of Internet Explorer is fast becoming unsupported across the entire internet, as well as here.

Again, sorry to interrupt this thread, i need to start a separate sticky post on browser support, which is an industry issue. Bottom line is that you may not be as updated as you think you are.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle