Reels

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Jimbo
Big ORCA Fan

Reels

Post by Jimbo »

So during covid, I started buying older spinning reels and I believe it’s gotten out of hand a bit. My main focus was Mitchell, but I ended up going after reels made in all different countries. Rather than post tons of pictures, let me know what you’re looking for, I might have it.
ReelOld
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Reels

Post by ReelOld »

Do you have any high-end ultra-lights? I have Alcedo Micron and Cargem Mignon UL, but might buy another of either if condition and price is right. I also have a DAM 110N and like it, but don't need another. I haven't found a nice enough DAM 110 yet where I could swallow the price, but would like to. Same with Orvis 50 -- just can't find one that is nice and reasonably priced, but would like to. I'd also like to find a really nice tiny Penn. After those, I'm interested in anything I haven't seen before! I don't care anything at all about the boxes/paperwork etc. which is part of what is making the really nice ones more expensive than I want to pay.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

There are several ORCA members in Italy that are always on the lookout for Italian made spinning reels that were distributed in North America.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

A detailed list with prices and possibly a couple of group photos from all 4 angles would be nice.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Jimbo
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jimbo »

I’ll take some pictures tomorrow, I may have a few
Jimbo
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jimbo »

Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Any idea on prices?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Jimbo
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jimbo »

Not really sure on prices, I grew up walleye fishing with zebco cardinal and Mitchell 300s then got into bass tournaments. I just started working on older Mitchell’s last summer for fun and ran into a few odd reels along the way. I’m learning a lot from this site too, I don’t want to rebuild any reels that don’t have original parts. If you see something interesting, pm me about it.