Walter Stanley prototype

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
iank
Big ORCA Fan

Walter Stanley prototype

Post by iank »

`
I am getting to the age when i worry that my kids will send all of my "old reel junk" to the rubbish tip when i pass on. I thought i should at least give some collectors the chance to pick up some of the items they would appreciate and will be offering them over the next few months.

The first is a Walter Stanley prototype discussed on page 290 of Ben Wright's price guide book , third edition , 2002. Ben commented that he only knew of 9 in existence , but I suspect there are more. He suggested a price of $750 and offers around that would be considered. Postage from NZ should be around $15 -$20 US.

clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Walter Stanley prototype

Post by clacker39 »

Hi Ian
Interested in your reel,Email sent.

Regards Clacker39
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Pics were a bit jammed up so straightened them out and cleaned up. Clacker is on your side of the water!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Post by clacker39 »

Hi Ian
Thank you for the pic's.
A very interesting and probably an extremely rare reel
I sent you a PM before pic's were available and thought that it may have been a multiplying reel.
I am sure that there will be interest from other members.

Regards
Clacker39
iank
Big ORCA Fan

Post by iank »

thanks for that John. this is an interesting reel in that it is over 100 years old but has all the characteristics ; adjustable drag, layered line feed , etc of a modern ofsr .
cheers
Ian