SOLD Vom Hofe 14/0 cradle (original custom 10” width )

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Realamore
Big ORCA Fan

SOLD Vom Hofe 14/0 cradle (original custom 10” width )

Post by Realamore »

Before I posted on fleabay thought I would see if any interest here. It’s in very good condition works as good as day it was built. Nice cool rod with evidence of some big ones ..butt is hickory.. I believe this may be a one of a kind since it’s no one I’ve spoken with ever saw one at 10”. I’ve owned it since 2004 and previous Owner several years... time to let it grace another home ..

There is a 12/0 commander Ross adjacent to the big guy to give a size perspective...

Let me know why you guys think. Thanks!

Last edited by Realamore on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Vom Hofe 14/0 cradle (original custom 10” width )

Post by john elder »

Thats one serious cradle! I’m guessing if paying taxes next month won’t bankrupt the boys, there are several people here that would like to own it! Would have no idea what the $ should be for that one!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Realamore
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Realamore »

john elder wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:30 pm Thats one serious cradle! I’m guessing if paying taxes next month won’t bankrupt the boys, there are several people here that would like to own it! Would have no idea what the $ should be for that one!

John
Hey John , it’s been a while ... it’s good to see you guys are still around ! So many things have changed here in USA.. yea, I’m looking to sell at a fair price , let’s see who she inspires lol, she got me when I saw her. Beautiful functional art at its finest.

Gil Calzon
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Gil I might have interest in your combo. Please let me know what you know about the cradle and the rod and let me know your price. You can PM me or email me. Thanks ! John Taylor [moderator - use the Contact on the right to email]
Last edited by kyreels on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Hi Gil, I would have an interest in this combo. Please send me price. I would also like to see a photo of the tail plate. Thanks, Jay White Gil, I currently have a 16/0, 14/0 and a 12/0 EVH cradle reel. This would go great with them. [moderator - use the Contact on the right to email]
Last edited by kyreels on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Hi Gil,
Haven’t seen you around in quite some time, good to see your name pop up again. Have you ever taken the line off the reel to see if the spool is all original or if it was widened at some point in its life? Cool reel either way but it would be good to know.
Thanks
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Yes, he did Ed. I bought the reel. Looks good to me.
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Good to know it is all original Jay. Another interesting EvH big game reel variation. The extra width had me a bit worried that perhaps it had been stretched at some point.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Realamore
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Realamore »

reeltackle wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 pm Hi Gil,
Haven’t seen you around in quite some time, good to see your name pop up again. Have you ever taken the line off the reel to see if the spool is all original or if it was widened at some point in its life? Cool reel either way but it would be good to know.
Thanks
Hi Ed ! Yea it’s been a while, several years. I’ve been fishing lol . Anyway , yes that spool shaft is original just like any other cradle , one solid piece of brass. Thanks for the kind words hope all is well with you. I believe it was ordered that way from Vom Hofe factory... I’ve had it 16 years so time to pass it on ... Gil