Meisselbach #21 Expert for sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Meisselbach #21 Expert for sale

Post by corbo »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Important ad info on the #21 surfaced in the time frame between P. White's hardback release in 1995 and the spiral bound "More Meisselbach & Meisselbach-Catucci Fishing Reel's publication in 2006 wherein he identified the existance of the #21 Expert. He owned or had access to a pin drag version and another and included photos of both in chapter 26. Until that time the 21 was generally thought to be a #22 as the spool and frame are actually the same. A year ago I bought a pin drag 21 from Roger Schultz.

Since then 2 exposed rear click reels have landed in my lap.....both advertised as 22's. I do not need 2, hence am selling one......$100 shipped....it is VG mechanically with uniform plating loss. I believe it was made prior to 1890 as the only marking is "Expert" on one of the frame crossmembers

The 21 is easy to identify from a few decent photos. The screw fixment of the foot and upright to the frame and more importantly the use of a unique 1/4-40 tpi nut and machine screw to hold the spool in place on the frame.

I have only to guess it's rareity.....I have never seen one offered for sale.