Kovalovsky Display Photos FS

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Kovalovsky Display Photos FS

Post by Deepfins791 »

The walls of my tackle room are full, so I am selling all the photos that were part of my display at the ORCA convention last week. All the photos were professionally reproduced from ORIGINAL photos/negatives/ephemera I acquired from the estates of Oscar and Lewis Kovalovsky. Each photo is mounted on foam board and signed and dated by me on the back. I am selling them at my cost, plus shipping and a nominal handling charge. Ideally, I would like to sell them in lots of 3-5 photos, each. The collection includes reproduced scans of original patent drawings, letters from Zane Grey, letters from Arthur Kovalovsky, a Kovalovsky flier, and a couple Kovalovsky drawings. If interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
John

fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Kovalovsky Display Photos FS

Post by fishhead »

Great display John. It was one of the highlights of the convention. Thank you very much for sharing this the ORCA members.

Cheers Paul Berinson
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

What Paul said! Thanks for all your labors, John! Best and most informative display I have ever seen at an ORCA show! :bow: :bow:
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

I agree with you guys. Amazing display was presented.

John, would you consider putting these photos in 8 1/2 x 11 format for incorporation into a booklet? I'd buy one.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Good idea, Ron, but judging by the lack of response I've gotten regarding purchasing the photos from my display, I don't think it would be worth my time to put a booklet together. I need to focus on getting my book on the Kovalovsky's done. All the nicest photos from Oscar and Lewis' estates will be included.

I am glad everyone enjoyed the display, and thanks for all the compliments!

John
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

You can put me down for a book if it includes all these great photos. You're going to have to find a Restaurant or Sporting Goods store that has a lot of wall space to display these great photos. Even though everyone likes the photos, us collectors don't have the wall space. That's what I think.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Maybe my ad was a little confusing. I am not looking to sell the entire display of photos as one big lot. You can choose the few you like. The majority of the photos are from 8x10 to 11x16 in size.
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Hey John great display/photos! I've an idea..,.make many copies and donate to BASS PRO SHOP WITH YOUR WEBSITE! I've seen others do it why not you. So consider other sporting goods stores....E.G. CABELAS DICKS! No worries I'll give props on the site unlike others. Tight Lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!