Kovalovsky-Style Guides For sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Kovalovsky-Style Guides For sale

Post by Deepfins791 »

I had these custom-made by a local machinist friend of mine for a rod project. I had him make some extra sets to try and keep the cost/per set within reason. They still ended up being a bit pricey, but he did an outstanding job of duplicating the heaviest and largest set of original Kovalovsky guides I could find. These are made of 3/16th diameter stainless steel rod, so they are BEEFY. Inside diameter of rings are 5/16th's. To bend this size SS rod into two rings of this diameter accounting for spring-back/spread, get all the associated angles and lengths of feet just right, and finish with a final polish was no cake-walk. R&D involved making his own tooling to bend the rod, and a lot of trial and error. There are 5 guides per set, three different sizes per set. Cost per set is $200. When my extra sets are gone, there won't be anymore made. After this project, my friend won't even answer my phone calls! :?

As a comparison, the last picture is an original Kov' guide.

Cheers,
John