Reels For Sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Reels For Sale

Post by Reel Geezer »

Here is some stuff left over from boxes of reels I bought at the great Kalamazoo auction. All are mechanically sound. I don’t want to clean them up, or take pictures, so someone please take them off my hands:

1. Montague Catalina. GS/HR, free spool, 250 yard. Leather thumb brake. Some corrosion on spool, but might clean. The rest of the reel is pretty nice. $50.00.

2. Montague Pacific Surf Casting. Nickel plated/HR, 300 yd. Leather thumb brake. Black wooden crank knob. Freckled with missing nickel all over. Ugly looking but looks like it has never been taken apart or cleaned. A nice winter project $30.00.

3. Montague Pennell. GS/HR, free spool, 200 yard. Tarnished and dirty, but sound except for a small possible crack in the hard rubber tailplate extending from the rim to the click button. Does not affect function of the reel. Missing both bearing caps. $20.00

4. Heddon? Winona No. 30. I don’t see any Heddon marking, or even Winona on this reel. It does have “No. 30” and “Patent Pending” stamped on it. 5 ¾ inch diameter, wooden knobs, line guide, and friction brake lever. I see traces of nickel, but overall the reel is brass. This reel has an aluminum extension between the foot and the spool to raise it off the rod. I don’t know if this is normal, for I know very little about these reels. This is not an Indiana casting reel, it is a wire line trolling reel. It has concentric round holes in the spool. This one would make a great looker on the shelf, or fun to clean up. $50.00.

5. B. F. Meek & Sons Bluegrass No. 3. This reel has two problems. There is no crank nut. (It has an incorrect screw and washer holding on the handle); and someone has buggered up the oil cap and threads on the tailplate. The cap is not really bad, but you can see evidence of pliers. The handle is correct and the reel is in VG condition otherwise. This is another winter project for a handyman or could be valuable for parts. $85.00 SOLD

Buyer contributes $5.00 shipping on all reels, and I’ll pay the balance. This offer is good for one week, then I’ll put these reels up on eBay. If something seems too high, make me an offer. I’ve got too much stuff lying around.

I also have dozens of Meisselbach parts reels of all types that might be of interest to someone. If so, contact me and maybe we can negotiate a price. Some of this stuff has got to go.

email me at