Alan Barraco and wife

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
reels4me,member

Alan Barraco and wife

Post by reels4me,member »

Hello to both just want (in public) to thank you for being so nice at
Columbia Lakes, of course eveyone was and is nice it was very pleasant
meeting you both. Lake George too ?
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Alan Baracco »

Jack,

Well thanks for the nod, I'm sure it was more Linda being nice than myself. Smoked a nice double Corona the other day and was thinking it must be pretty cold up in your neck of the woods.

Don't know about Lake George yet, pretty far to go even with all the great ORCANS awaiting.

Cheers,

Alan
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Come on Alan. You can't leave us stranded! I think we should take a vote and let Lovely Linda have two votes. Sure was nice meeting you two so lets do it again. Nothing like up state NY in the spring!
Harvey
Jim Madden
Super Board Poster

Nationals

Post by Jim Madden »

That's right, Alan. Be there or be square! I'll buy the first beer. Jim
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Alan....

Post by Jim Schottenham »

...and I'll get the second beer. Besides, you can't miss out on taking Linda out on a steamship cruise of the lake, can you? Oh, and don't forget, the ladies have been invited on a tour, ending with "high tea" at the Sagamore resort:

So, c'mon...beer and "high tea"...how can you beat that!?!?!
Sure hope to see you both here in May!
Jim
el Lawrence
Advanced Board Poster

Post by el Lawrence »

Though high tea sounds like fun, I am sure as ORCA members some of us ladies are hopeful there will be some reel activities to attend in lieu of tea.

There may not be many of us reel gals but lets not give the impression there are none. :? and some don't even come with tackle collecting spouses.

Geez may have to start wearing dresses to these things if no one has noticed some of us were women... :shock:
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Sorry......

My apologies El :oops: , I should have specified the tour is offered for anyone not interested in reel collecting. For the ladies that do collect, and we certainly do recognize that you're ladies, my sincere apology! Trust me, for the reel collector, guy or gal, you'll find plenty to keep your interest!
My goal was to entice Alan and his wife, not to offend anyone...
:( :(
el Lawrence
Advanced Board Poster

Post by el Lawrence »

:wink: no real offence there Jim, just keeping you on your toes... I know it IS easy to forget when there are only a handful of us... we will try and make more of an impression at the next ORCA event...

I am sure ya'll will have plenty of great events planned to keep everyone happy reel collectors or no... (will be hard to choose between the outside fun and the reel events I bet, the tea and tour does sound nice).

SOOOO tell us what sort of weather should we expect for spring in NY? Will we need our thermals for the fishing? Or just an ice pick and tip ups? :lol:

And don't worry... we will think of a way to get Alan and Linda there... WE ALL WANT them to attend. Doesn't he know he can visit just across the US/CAN border and pick up some Cuban cigars? :wink:
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

weather? what weather!!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D 8) :wink: :!: :?: :idea: cool-thumb jump jump jump Canadian USA Well one thig for certain El.L it aint gona snow, leave your ice pick at home! the fishing is GREAT! and just east of the site over in Vermont isa Steak House called swaidis been having the best 2lb prime rib found east of the Pacific OCEAN! EL, leave that tough Texas Rawhide home! bring the Fly Rods do some serious fishing, and also see some of the local shops You may find some (REEL GOODIES) If ever there was a PFLUGER in OHIO I plan on being ther! I just gota aggitate LENNY, Carl, PHIL, and Harvy G. from the sandbox state! If you spent a month in the area you would only get a small view! oh yes bring some reels for trade! EL.L. after you see those realy large four legged things with antlers, you will think Texas has Minature deer! Ok so they are MOOSE before the Natives corect me! Now I am going back to work on reels etc before people start complaining! Your ohio Conection On Lake ERIE at 51 degrees Col. milton lorens aka SWIM JIG
el Lawrence
Advanced Board Poster

Post by el Lawrence »

Milt,

Those red deer, Sika, Axis, Elk, or Barasinga... etc, etc, ain't small deer by any measurement standard (even Ohios). What ever gave you the impression we had small deer here? Or is that just Milt enjoying taking a poke at the Lone Star State for fun?
Sure some varaieties or deer are not huge (not suppose to be) but I think the lone star state has plenty of Boone and Crockett numbers to put up against anyone elses' deer records.
And for the big deer to "play" with, big antelope; Nilgi are some of the worlds largest (800-1000 lbs.)... one of many exotic varieties available in Texas.

BTW the highest concentration of white tail deer per acre in North America right here in the Texas golden triangle of deer.

Bullwinkle may be fine to look at but for variety and pleasure to hunt (like a challange) you are gonna have a hard time telling me very many places have better/more choices...

And tough or tender... that is mostly the fault of the cook... so if you were eating "jerky" in Texas... it wasn't off my grill! Dis' the cook, not the deer! :roll: Blackbuck tenderloin sez Milt won't leave that lay... :lol:
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

El,
The weather in the Northeast can change at the blink of an eye, but for the most part, I think we'll have great weather (Henry asked the Mayor to provide that for us...sure hope he comes through!). The fishing should be fantastic too, that time of year at Lake George, Saratoga lake or Lake Champlain. C'mon up early, or stay late, and I'll make sure the Texas crew has a chance to try out the lakes up here. No gators, but if you see a Muskie, you might think that's what it was!
I think it's safe to say you can leave the tip ups home - but I wouldn't rule out the thermals alltogether... :)
And Harvey...I remember somewhere you asked if we wear shorts up here in the spring. We sure do, so pack away!
Can't wait to see everyone!
Jim
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

WHEY! I thought I might have to go buy a pair of long pants since the only time we wear them are for weddings and at wakes.
"H"
el Lawrence
Advanced Board Poster

Post by el Lawrence »

You might have to scare up long handles with those long pants Harvey!

Jim... still cold enough for a fire in the fireplace and hot butter rum? Or just electric sox?
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Jim Schottenham wrote:...The fishing should be fantastic too, that time of year at Lake George, Saratoga lake or Lake Champlain...
If I do get up there, should I bring up some trolling gear to tangle with "Champ"?