Very Tough Heddon / Airex Auction 7/17/2004

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Freeman Auctions

Very Tough Heddon / Airex Auction 7/17/2004

Post by Freeman Auctions »

Immediately following our spring auction on April 17th, 2004 we are going to offer one of the finest Heddon tackle collections to ever cross the auction block. This event is scheduled for July 17th, 2004 in Lafayette, Indiana. We are going to sell along with the Heddon collection a very fine representation of Airex tackle. The Airex collection will number around 100 pieces, featuring reels, paper and everything associated with Airex. The highlight of the auction will feature the personal collection of a long time Heddon distributor. Immediatley following the completion of our spring event I will have some pictures available on our website for everyone to preview. Some examples of the Heddon items that will be sold are:

1. Heddon leaping bass tie tack / lapel pins made of sterling silver (I will be wearing one for people to see at the spring auction).
2. Heddon dealer display wooden cases full of the Heddon line (4’X4’opened) with original cardboard boxes.
3. Several 12”X12” dealer displays with cardboard boxes.
4. 100+ Heddon reels that have never been out of their original boxes and never been wet.
5. Cartons of Heddon lures by the dozen (Master carton’s from Heddon were 4 boxes of 12, these are all mint condition ¼ parts of the master cartons)
6. 50-75 Heddon rods in tubes that are unfished and have original blister pack over the cork grips.
7. Early (1920’s) Heddon catalogs and other strong paper
8. Very rare color Heddon lures in boxes, variety and quality galore.
9. Heddon sponsored COHO fishing tournaments on Lake Michigan; they had special hand embroidered flags produced for these tournaments. We will have one in MINT condition.

This auction will be cataloged in full color on-line and you will be able to absentee bid on-line for at least on month in advance of the live event. I will post any further updates here and on the ORCA board as well.

Todd Freeman
Freeman Auctions
www.freemanauctions.com