Schematic for Hurd Super Caster

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Theo

Schematic for Hurd Super Caster

Post by Theo »

I have purchased a Hurd Super Caster rod and reel. I would like to take it apart and clean and or fix anything if needed. I would feel more comfortable if I had a schematic to refer to when doing this. Can anyone help me with this. E-mail or fax 406-549-0389. Thanks
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D 8) :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :type: Theo, you shoild join ORCA then you most likly will see these reels, also if you go to the ORCA home page then to Liabrary, you can order the imfomation on the HURD! as a colector of these HURDS, rather the Grand son is now colecting them, they are not thatt hard to work on, naturely you must pull out the rod from the handle, take off the left side plate see the nut on the spool, take it off, take off the right sideplate, and remove the spool end plates, they are generly black in color (iI have seen different colored ones) now after the plates are off then lift the alluminum spool stright up out of the reel, just mark or draw a pic of the parts and after cleaning them, reverse the procedure, and make certain your spool nut is tight (not over tight) if its losse the spool wont wind the line as it will slip. trust this helps some! Col. milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG and ryan Costello aka FROGYY JIG your OHIO Conection