Gayle & Sons No. 4 Screw

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Jonathan
Big ORCA Fan

Gayle & Sons No. 4 Screw

Post by Jonathan »

Hello everyone, I am looking for a screw. I recently required a G.W Gayle & Sons No. 4 reel and its missing a screw that connects the headplate to the pillar or the post. All the other screws are there except one. I don't know if this is a big deal or not but it just doesn't look complete without it. I know this is a rare reel and not sure if I'll be able to find a screw or not but just thought I'd check. Thanks! And its nice to be a member of this website and I look forward to contributing to this site.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

most screws for that application are 3-48 with a length of 1/4 to 3/8". You can usually find the thread in a good hardware store (not Home Depot), but the modern screw head will be larger - won't look as nice, but will stay together. Try your question in a pm to SwimJig. He's bound to have the screw - you just need to get his attention to dig it out for you. Take one out and measure the thread length first.
Jonathan
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jonathan »

I measured the screw the other night and it is a 1/2 inch. I know I could find one at the local hardware store but it just wouldn't be the same.
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Contact this guy.

Post by Harvey »

Get in touch with Tony Dillender. His address is 362 Sheridan Drive, Lexington KY. 40503-1812
Phone, 859-277-1924
If he doesn't have one, he will make you one.
Hope this helps.
harvey