3 Lost Souls

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
john elder
Star Board Poster

3 Lost Souls

Post by john elder »

Just got done with our Cardiff show...some beautiful tackle there, including Wayne Janson's Holzmans and a Leonard bimetal...if you've never had one of those reels in hand, don't pass up the opportunity...incredible craftsmanship!

But of course, you can imagine what I toted home :shock: ...I just have a soft spot for the underdog...and I think these two Julii and a Cozzone qualify...can you say "patina"?...

The Cozzone should be a snap...perhaps the Vom Hofes may prove a bit more of a challenge...back in a week or 8!

oH, forgot about these 3...Hendryx should clean quickly...Miess is a question mark at the moment. Little brass reel just needs a polish, but will likely forever remain lost as a no-name, unless one of you mavens have a good guess..probably English?

Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Rick H »

Expecting to see some 'afters' on the Julii and the Meiss. The rest you can do in your sleep...so those don't qualify. I got 50 Euros for ya, if you can pull it off ! :wink:
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

wellllll...5 out of 6 is a start. Only so much you can do with plating, but they are slightly improved over the starting material. The cozzone, Hendryx and the brass reel came out really nice. The Vom Hofe and Meiss...well, they is what they is.

Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Rick H »

Yep...that's worth 50 Euros'. Nice Job Deke! :wink:
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Nice job on those, John. Walk us duffers through some of the mysterious far Eastern powders (ground Emu claws, etc.) you used to clean these babies up. I like that Meisselbach (an Expert #17, maybe?) and the little brass reel is cool.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Thanks, Richard...just the usual treatments...diluted vinegar soak...soap/water, followed by Simichrome polishing. The Expert has lost a lot of finish, but at least it looks more like honest wear instead of skuzz. The little brass reel just required mild rubbing out with Simichrome...nice little reel, but nameless.