Miller Autocrat 6/0 HF Repair

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
bobinareels
Big ORCA Fan

Miller Autocrat 6/0 HF Repair

Post by bobinareels »

Was wondering how the clicker,lever and spring should be set up? The lever which is held just by a screw on the top held in place by a ring over the bearing then meets with the clicker and spring on the bottom, kinda looks like a small thin two sided penn wrench with a ratchet on the end. looks like it should disengage the clicker when you crank back but I tried it every which way but seems to be rubbing on the spool and I dont think its holding correctly. And i was wondering if its missing any parts, the is the lever a washer under the lever and a screw which holds the lever on top with the clicker set on the bottom end to the plate which looks good as I tried it without the lever in place and it works. Hope I didnt confuse anyone more then I had too! Can anyone help or have a picture the way it should be set up? Thanks for your help!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Hi...I'll take a chance your name is Bob? In any event, I tried to sort out your problem from what you wrote, but still not sure. So, here are a bunch of detailed pics so at least you can determine if you have missing parts, I think. I also took pics of the manual that was with mine...condition is horrible and you will have to make best guesses as to the missing words..your guesses are likely as good as mine! I hope some of this is a help!

bobinareels
Big ORCA Fan

Thanks!

Post by bobinareels »

Thanks for the invaluable info! Very helpful and informative! That manual is worth the price of the reel! Many kind regards!