Help needed replacing bail spring on mitchell 303

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Jerry Pardus
Big ORCA Fan

Help needed replacing bail spring on mitchell 303

Post by Jerry Pardus »

Thought I would clean up a nice old 303 I have. Figured it can't be to tough of a job done it many times with 300's and such. Took the bail wire off to clean the spring. cleaned everything up and went to reinstall the spring that's when the fun started. The bail lock pin which sticks up through the head wont go down so I cant hook the spring into the bail wire. anyone have a easy way of doing this I would like to get the reel back together and back into the box. Appreciate any suggestion there has to be a easy way to do this I just can't figure it out! Thanks...Jerry
Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Rick H »

Jerry...I wish I could help, but I'm not a Mitchell guy. There's plenty of them on the forum though, so hang in there awhile longer. Sometimes they just get busy collecting, repairing, trading and sometimes they even go fishing. Someone will come along. :oops:
chrisham61
Advanced Board Poster

Post by chrisham61 »

pin slides in a hole in rotor if not lined up correctly it will not slide back into the hole then you can not get bail arm on i know how to install these but not how to explain to someone else if this does not help try mitchell reel museum website they have videos on how to repair several models