Langley Spinlite deluxe 850

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
jweeks
Big ORCA Fan

Langley Spinlite deluxe 850

Post by jweeks »

First post!
I purchased a group of old reels and found this nice little reel...a Langley Spinlite "Deluxe" model 850. I have taken it apart partly but need some help removing the gear. It is a small cone shaped gear. It appears to have a square base and some square retainer clips, but I cannot see how to remove them and I don't want to force anything. A reel schematic would be nice but I don't know if one exists for these old reels. Thanks, Joe
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Langley Spinlite deluxe 850

Post by john elder »

Welcome! Hang on...we have a few Langley mavens that frequent the board...and yes, there should be a schematic around someplace. Would help if you took a couple pics and added them so us non-mavens can see!
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Alan Baracco »

Joe,

Actually it is fairly easy to get the main shaft out, the conical gear behind the main housing has a keeper that comes off, clean the gunk off and you will see it.

I can send schematic if you want to shoot me your snail mail or email address.

Deke, you call me a "Maven" again, I will sue in small claims court! Ha.

The Spinlite De Luxe Model 850, by the way, is an iconic Langley reel, according to them it started the Ultralite Revolution and sold more reels than any other reel in it's class!

Alan Baracco
jweeks
Big ORCA Fan

Post by jweeks »

After further inspection I found a "c" retainer that held the gear in place. Thanks