Reels. Looking for advice. Not knowing where to start

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
danielmyers76
Big ORCA Fan

Reels. Looking for advice. Not knowing where to start

Post by danielmyers76 »

I'm not quite sure what to do. I was given 4 reels as part of a tackle box with a note in it stating that it was the "personal tackle box" of someone that sounded important. I looked up the name and couldnt find anything. I can't remember the name at the moment but can look it up when I get home. Three fly reels, and what seems to be a bait caster that as was put to me "mass produced" and more than likely not worth much but I'm still at a loss. Should I try to clean these things up and try to sell them? They all function. They don't seem to be in bad shape. I was just going to throw them away as they aren't worth that much but it seems a shame to throw something away that someone might want or be able to use. I don't have a third party photo service so it seems I won't be able to upload pics so if anyone wants to see them, pm me an email address and I'll forward them. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Re: Reels. Looking for advice. Not knowing where to start

Post by scottorock »

Hi! You dont need a photo service to post pics. You can post straight from your device. There are a few threads on here that walk you through it. Not difficult at all. Looking forward to seeing what ya got!
danielmyers76
Big ORCA Fan

Post by danielmyers76 »

Ah, youre in the Hudson Valley. I'm in Albany. Maybe I can show you everything I have next time I head south. Until then I'll see if I can figure out how you post a pic
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

If you list the names of the reels, that would go a long way toward figuring out what you have and relative value!