Len, Help! (by reels4me,member)

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Len, Help! (by reels4me,member)

Post by Brian F. »

(moderator's note: I moved this post by reels4me, member from another thread so that it wouldn't get missed by Len)

"Hey there Len ! Should have aked you this at Ohio show, anyhow here`s my problem. Recently bought a 'plate-wind' 2" diam. fly reel, took the plate retaining nut off and the two reel seat screws out to try and release or remove spool to clean it and check and lube the spindle and gears can`t get the dang spool off(or out) any sugg. ?"
reels4me,member

Movement

Post by reels4me,member »

Thanks Brian--You STILL have answered my ? About that fish you`re
holding, kind ? Caught on what ? Or is it a photog`s prop on the dock ?
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Where you been Jack! That fish is a giant trevally or "ulua" in Hawaiian. Similar to the Jack crevalle of the Gulf and Atlantic coast and the yellowtail or amberjack of the Pacific. I think they are distantly related to rooster fish also. Caught it on one of those 13 ft. surf rods and a 6/0 Penn Senator with 80 lb test and a rig similar to the one I had on dispaly at Columbia Lakes. I used a foot long filet of moray eel and it was caught off of a 50 cliff (no comforts of a dock!).
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Brian, You are correct. The Roosterfish, or as our Cuban brothern call them, Pez Gallo or Papagallo, (Papa Rooster) are a distant cousin in the Jack/Pompano family, That fish you are holding would feed a family of 21 for a week down here. Break out the cuchillo y tenedor!
"H"
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Fixed ...

Post by Len Sawisch »

Got'r Done!

Just pull the center screw and the front plate screws off counter clockwise - now in 50 years when we have all digital clocks, what term will we use cuz nobody born after 2055 will know what counter clockwise means?

(I'm asking now cuz I plan to be on an extended fishing trip in 50 years!)

Len
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Doctor Len. . . .

Post by Jack Bright »

. . .before my very eyes showed me 'How to' as he and 3 others hosted the Antique Tackle area of the Lansing Boat and Fishing Show, Len 'you`re
the Tops, you`re the mauseleum', or sumpin` like that, A BIG thank you.
---Friend Jack. Hey Len is it true, instead of Alabama you`re headed for
Lake Dixon, South of San Diego ?
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Jack . . .

Post by Len Sawisch »

. . . I was SNAGGED in San Diego but I'm still headin' for Alabama!