Meisselbach Surf Reel With Dial

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Jeff Johnson
Advanced Board Poster

Meisselbach Surf Reel With Dial

Post by Jeff Johnson »

Hello,
I was hopeing to get some help with repairing one of me reels. I have a Meisselbach surf reel that the free spool dial is stuck. The reel on the left ,(pic below) the last model of the free spool dial, serial number 562.

Im afraid to put much torque on it as I dont want to damage it. I included the pic of the reel on the right (top pic)as a refrence , it is a 3rd model free spool dial surf reel and it works perfectly , serial number 442. But even looking at it I still dont see whats wrong on the other reel. I have included 2 more pics below. The only thing I have done so far is soak it in an ultrasonic 1st with mineral oil to remove the grease and grime and then followed it up with another soaking of dilluted vinagear to loosen any of the verdigres. As you can see in the 1st pic the 2nd collar is off the reel which I dont believe is "susposed to". It looks like a bronze bushing holds it in place and the collar has come over it. The dial should still turn I would think. Can anyone help! Thanks, Jeff
Jeff Johnson
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jeff Johnson »

After looking at my post I thought I would include some better pics of the dial. Thanks again, Jeff

Image[/img]Image
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

I guess it is safe to assume that you realize that you have to push in the detent button to move the dial. Or is that what is stuck? It was added to keep the reel from accidentally slipping in and out of free spool.
Jeff Johnson
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jeff Johnson »

Yes the detent button pushes in just fine. Its the actual dial piece that I cant get to move. Jeff