Collecting

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Collecting

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I considered myself some what of a collector until I came across this little piece & vid: :shock: http://www.21alive.com/features/21-coun ... 53771.html
Now I see myself as just a lil' ol' piddler. :(
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Collecting

Post by john elder »

Yes, that's a good one to show the wife when she starts calling you a hoarder because of a mere 300 reels :D
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Wow! Years ago l was up to 600 reels and collected aimlessly but eventually concentrated on salt water big game tackle and ultra rare surf reels but l.guess if you've the time, space and funds there's no harm... as long as the hobbies not put before family. I've since narrowed it down to under 50 but also don't have the 800 sq. feet for it l once did. Tight Lines Nick in NY aka nyreels
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Hoosier Dave »

In reply to your concerns, I bet I have a lot less invested in my collection than any of you would believe and I have no problem with the space it takes up in my house and all of my family has backed me all the way in my endeavor. It is a hobby and it has kept me from wine, Wild women and drugs so it can't be all that bad. I think John is the only one of you that I have met and I am inviting all of you to attend the NFLCC Nationals in Fort Wayne this July as I will be the host of that great event. I have tried to attend the ORCA Nationals but they always seem to get planned on dates that I have other commitments. The collection has been a lot of fun and the blurb has several errors in it the occurred during the editing of the 2 hour interview and I had not control of what the outcome was. The Rider reel that I talked about is in actuality the reel that I am holding prior to the description. The reel that the showing relates as a Rider is acutally a very common Goite. Again it was done to promote all tackle collecting as a fun hobby and trying to get more people interested in our great past time.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

john elder wrote: a mere 300 reels :D
I showed the video to my wife. "A mere 300 reels" will now be a common phrase in discussing my reels with her.

Dave:

Awesome collection!
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

How are you guys seeing a video in that page? All I see is some text and a large black box. Clicking on it doesn't do anything.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

jimbofish wrote:How are you guys seeing a video in that page? All I see is some text and a large black box. Clicking on it doesn't do anything.
Wait for it to load, especially if you don't have high speed access. There'l be an advertisement for a few seconds before the news story starts. The text is the same as what's spoken but there is some really neat video.
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Waited 30 min and nothing happened, even with all ad blockers and such turned off, on two different computers. I'll just take you guys' word that it's interesting.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Dave,nice video anyway! Hope to see you at the Nationals...year is filling rapidly, but hope to make it again!

john