A couple from Nick in NY

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

A couple from Nick in NY

Post by 54bullseye »

Hi John Taylor here and I am just posting a few pictures for Nick in NY. I guess he has posting trouble. As you will see there are pictures of some of his collection including a big old 18/0 Hoesel cradle that has a tip made by Guerriri from Long Island City NY. Also a real nice Fin-Nor double handle 15/0.
Nick I will let you do any added descriptions you have ! Great stuff !! I personally held the Hoesel 18/0 and it's a monster of a cradle !! Enjoy John Taylor

Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Re: A couple from Nick in NY

Post by Nick in NY »

Thanks John for your help and time in posting photos. Note it's still up in the air as to how I displaying a couple rods and what's not seen are the others to the right. In the mean time itll do! Hey leaning against my Hoerle on the right is a rod by Holzman...Tight lines Nick
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Nice reels and rods Nick! You got my attention with that Holzmann rod. I'd love to see some more photos of that and your Holzmann reels. Keep posting!!
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Post by butch carey key west »

Nick,
Thanks for sharing. The Big reels are so impressive. If you ever want to rid yourself of the big drum double crank I could help you out!
Butch
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Thanks for the interest. The rod was found only a couple miles from my home when I lived in the Bronx believe it or not. I truly believe the rod is Perez NOT Holzman as a 1st Perez was found/mounted on the rod as well as a spare spool and custom case. What many people don't know is before Perez made/sold reels his main interest revolved around rods and making rod hardware of the highest quality. My early receipt will back my claim. Keep in mind its not signed but no one else could do it. Example the screw for securing the reel is actually a buffalo head nickel thats been taken down to a butterfly like form. Just incredible! Couple collectors have viewed it in the past and l've silly offers but it's home where it belongs. Long gone Mike Popowich used to visit along with several others who had an interest but in the event I decided to sell good friend and past collector Mike Curlettte will have to pass on it. Thank You John for posting my pics, Butch as always a pleasure ;) thanks Jay for for your interest!
I'll try to get more pics out, Tight Lines Nick in NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

on the right is a rod by Holzman
I truly believe the rod is Perez NOT Holzman
Can we go with best of 3?

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

A couple more from Nick. He can describe pics. John Taylor
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

That is one fantastic looking rod Nick! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love the buffalo nickel "clap".
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

That big old schauffler isn't too shabby either, Nick! nice bunch of tackle!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Thanks John! I'm a big fan of the 1 of every maker EXCEPT Holzman and a couple other makers! By the way I've still that 1 of a kind ALUMINUM STEAD FOR TRADE!
Tight Lines Nick in NY Holzman reels collector!